A name given by coppersmiths to an alloy of copper, tin, iron, etc., usually called white metal.
- A flat piece of coarse fabric or other material used for wiping one's shoes or feet, or in various other forms as a floor covering.
- A small flat piece of decorated material placed under a lamp, dish of food, or other object.
- Sports A floor pad to protect athletes, as in wrestling or gymnastics.
- A densely woven or thickly tangled mass: a mat of hair.
- The solid part of a lace design.
- A heavy woven net of rope or wire cable placed over a blasting site to keep debris from scattering.
- To cover, protect, or decorate with mats or a mat.
- To pack or interweave into a thick mass: High winds matted the leaves against the base of the fence.
- To be packed or interwoven into a thick mass; become entangled.
- A decorative border placed around a picture to serve as a frame or provide contrast between the picture and the frame.
- A dull, often rough finish, as of paint, glass, metal, or paper.
- A special tool for producing such a surface or finish.
- Printing See matrix.
- To put a mat around (a picture).
- To produce a dull finish on.
- Having a dull finish.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പോട്ട - Potta ;തടുക്ക് - Thadukku ;പായ് വിരിക്കുക - Paayu Virikkuka | Payu Virikkuka ;പായ് നെയ്യുക - Paayu Neyyuka | Payu Neyyuka ;പായ് - Paayu | Payu ;ഊരാക്കുടുക്കാക്കുക - Ooraakkudukkaakkuka | Oorakkudukkakkuka ;