That of which anything is composed; constituent substance; material; the material or substantial part of anything; the constituent elements of conception; that into which a notion may be analyzed; the essence; the pith; the embodiment.
- Something that occupies space and can be perceived by one or more senses; a physical body, a physical substance, or the universe as a whole.
- Physics Something that has mass and exists as a solid, liquid, gas, or plasma.
- A specific type of substance: inorganic matter.
- Discharge or waste, such as pus or feces, from a living organism.
- Philosophy In Aristotelian and Scholastic use, that which is in itself undifferentiated and formless and which, as the subject of change and development, receives form and becomes substance.
- The substance of thought or expression as opposed to the manner in which it is stated or conveyed.
- A subject of concern, feeling, or action: matters of foreign policy; a personal matter. See Synonyms at subject.
- Trouble or difficulty: What's the matter with your car?
- An approximated quantity, amount, or extent: The construction will last a matter of years.
- Something printed or otherwise set down in writing: reading matter.
- Something sent by mail.
- Printing Composed type.
- Printing Material to be set in type.
- To be of importance: "Love is most nearly itself/When here and now cease to matter” ( T.S. Eliot). See Synonyms at count1.
- as a matter of fact In fact; actually.
- for that matter So far as that is concerned; as for that.
- no matter Regardless of: "Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,/No matter where it's going” ( Edna St. Vincent Millay).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വസ്തു - Vasthu ;ഉദ്ഗതം - Udhgatham ;പ്രാധാന്യമുള്ളതായിരിക്കുക - Praadhaanyamullathaayirikkuka | Pradhanyamullathayirikkuka ;പ്രമേയം - Prameyam ;പദാര്ത്ഥം - Padhaarththam | Padhartham ;ചിന്താവിഷയം - Chinthaavishayam | Chinthavishayam ;