Pertaining to, governed by, or in accordance with, mechanics, or the laws of motion; pertaining to the quantitative relations of force and matter, as distinguished from mental, vital, chemical, etc.; as, mechanical principles; a mechanical theory; mechanical deposits.
- Of or relating to machines or tools: mechanical skill.
- Operated or produced by a mechanism or machine: a mechanical toy dog.
- Of, relating to, or governed by mechanics.
- Performed or performing in an impersonal or machinelike manner; automatic: a droning, mechanical delivery of the speech.
- Relating to, produced by, or dominated by physical forces: the mechanical aspect of trumpet playing.
- Philosophy Interpreting and explaining the phenomena of the universe by referring to causally determined material forces; mechanistic.
- Of or relating to manual labor, its tools, and its skills.
- Printing A layout consisting of type proofs, artwork, or both, exactly positioned and prepared for making an offset or other printing plate.