Being between the two extremes; middle; interposed; intervening; intermediate.
- To resolve or settle (differences) by working with all the conflicting parties: mediate a labor-management dispute.
- To bring about (a settlement, for example) by working with all the conflicting parties.
- To effect or convey as an intermediate agent or mechanism.
- To intervene between two or more disputants in order to bring about an agreement, a settlement, or a compromise.
- To settle or reconcile differences.
- To have a relation to two differing persons or things.
- Acting through, involving, or dependent on an intervening agency.
- Being in a middle position.