That which lies in the middle, or between other things; intervening body or quantity. Hence, specifically:
- Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes.
- An intervening substance through which something else is transmitted or carried on.
- An agency by which something is accomplished, conveyed, or transferred: The train was the usual medium of transportation in those days.
- Usage Problem A means of mass communication, such as newpapers, magazines, radio, or television.
- Usage Problem The group of journalists and others who constitute the communications industry and profession.
- Computer Science An object or device, such as a disk, on which data is stored.
- A person thought to have the power to communicate with the spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension. Also called psychic.
- A surrounding environment in which something functions and thrives.
- The substance in which a specific organism lives and thrives.
- A culture medium.
- A specific kind of artistic technique or means of expression as determined by the materials used or the creative methods involved: the medium of lithography.
- The materials used in a specific artistic technique: oils as a medium.
- A solvent with which paint is thinned to the proper consistency.
- Chemistry A filtering substance, such as filter paper.
- A size of paper, usually 18 × 23 inches or 17 1/2 × 22 inches.
- Occurring or being between two degrees, amounts, or quantities; intermediate: broil a medium steak. See Synonyms at average.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മാര്ഗ്ഗം - Maarggam | Marggam ;ഉപകരണം - Upakaranam ;കാരണം - Kaaranam | Karanam ;മാധ്യമം - Maadhyamam | Madhyamam ;വാഹകം - Vaahakam | Vahakam ;ടെലിവിഷിന് എന്നീ ഉപാധികളിലൊന്ന് - Delivishin Ennee Upaadhikalilonnu | Delivishin Ennee Upadhikalilonnu ;