The faculty of the mind by which it retains the knowledge of previous thoughts, impressions, or events.
- The mental faculty of retaining and recalling past experience.
- The act or an instance of remembering; recollection: spent the afternoon lost in memory.
- All that a person can remember: It hasn't happened in my memory.
- Something remembered: pleasant childhood memories.
- The fact of being remembered; remembrance: dedicated to their parents' memory.
- The period of time covered by the remembrance or recollection of a person or group of persons: within the memory of humankind.
- Biology Persistent modification of behavior resulting from an animal's experience.
- Computer Science A unit of a computer that preserves data for retrieval.
- Computer Science Capacity for storing information: two gigabytes of memory.
- Statistics The set of past events affecting a given event in a stochastic process.
- The capacity of a material, such as plastic or metal, to return to a previous shape after deformation.
- Immunology The ability of the immune system to respond faster and more powerfully to subsequent exposure to an antigen.