Of or pertaining to a metal; of the nature of metal; resembling metal; as, a metallic appearance; a metallic alloy.
- Of, relating to, or having the characteristics of a metal.
- Containing a metal: a metallic compound.
- Having a quality suggesting or associated with metal, especially:
- Lustrous; sparkling: metallic colors.
- Sharp-tasting: an unpleasant, metallic flavor.
- Harshly resonant: "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades” ( Ambrose Bierce).
- A yarn or fiber made of or containing metal.
- A fabric, typically shiny or iridescent, made of such yarn or fiber.