An allowance for traveling expenses at a certain rate per mile.
- Total length, extent, or distance measured or expressed in miles.
- Total miles covered or traveled in a given time.
- The amount of service, use, or wear estimated by miles used or traveled: This tire will give very good mileage.
- The number of miles traveled by a motor vehicle on a given quantity of fuel.
- An allowance for travel expenses established at a specified rate per mile.
- Expense per mile, as for the use of a car.
- Informal The amount of service something has yielded or may yield in the future; usefulness: a tape player that still has a lot of mileage left.