- To copy or imitate closely, especially in speech, expression, and gesture; ape.
- To copy or imitate so as to ridicule; mock: always mimicking the boss. See Synonyms at imitate.
- To resemble closely; simulate: an insect that mimics a twig.
- To take on the appearance of.
- One who imitates, especially:
- An actor or actress in a mime.
- One who practices the art of mime.
- One who copies or mimics others, as for amusement.
- A copy or an imitation.
- Relating to, acting as, resembling, or characteristic of a mimic or mimicry.
- Tending to imitate; imitative.
- Make-believe; mock: a mimic battle.