To cut into very small pieces; to chop fine; to hash; as, to mince meat.
- To cut or chop into very small pieces.
- To subdivide (land, for example) into minute parts.
- To pronounce in an affected way, as with studied elegance and refinement.
- To moderate or restrain (words) for the sake of politeness and decorum; euphemize: Don't mince words: say what you mean.
- To walk with very short steps or with exaggerated primness.
- To speak in an affected way.
- Finely chopped food, especially mincemeat.