The sixtieth part of an hour; sixty seconds. (Abbrev. m.; as, 4 h. 30 m.)
- A unit of time equal to one sixtieth of an hour, or 60 seconds.
- A unit of angular measurement equal to one sixtieth of a degree, or 60 seconds. Also called minute of arc.
- A measure of the distance one can cover in a minute: lives ten minutes from school.
- A short interval of time; moment. See Synonyms at moment.
- A specific point in time: Stop that this minute!
- A note or summary covering points to be remembered; a memorandum.
- An official record of the proceedings of a meeting.
- To record in a memorandum or the minutes of a meeting.
- Exceptionally small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
- Beneath notice; insignificant.
- Characterized by careful scrutiny and close examination: held a minute inspection of the grounds.