Harm; damage; esp., disarrangement of order; trouble or vexation caused by human agency or by some living being, intentionally or not; often, calamity, mishap; trivial evil caused by thoughtlessness, or in sport.
- Behavior that causes discomfiture or annoyance in another.
- An inclination or tendency to play pranks or cause embarrassment.
- One that causes minor trouble or disturbance: The child was a mischief in school.
- Damage, destruction, or injury caused by a specific person or thing: The broken window was the mischief of vandals.
- The state or quality of being mischievous.