A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries. It has been made in many forms, the present form being a lofty cap with two points or peaks.
- The liturgical headdress and part of the insignia of a Christian bishop. In the Western church it is a tall pointed hat with peaks in front and back, worn at all solemn functions.
- A thong for binding the hair, worn by women in ancient Greece.
- The ceremonial headdress worn by ancient Jewish high priests.
- A miter joint.
- The edge of a piece of material that has been beveled preparatory to making a miter joint.
- A miter square.
- To bestow a miter upon.
- To make (two pieces or surfaces) join with a miter joint.
- To bevel the edges of for joining with a miter joint.
- To meet in a miter joint.