Of or pertaining to a mode or mood; consisting in mode or form only; relating to form; having the form without the essence or reality.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a mode.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or expressing the mood of a verb.
- Music Of, relating to, characteristic of, or composed in any of the modes typical of medieval church music.
- Philosophy Of or relating to mode without referring to substance.
- Logic Expressing or characterized by modality.
- Statistics Of or relating to a statistical mode or modes.
- See modal auxiliary.