Restraining within due limits of propriety; not forward, bold, boastful, or presumptious; rather retiring than pushing one's self forward; not obstructive; as, a modest youth; a modest man.
- Having or showing a moderate estimation of one's own talents, abilities, and value.
- Having or proceeding from a disinclination to call attention to oneself; retiring or diffident. See Synonyms at shy1.
- Observing conventional proprieties in speech, behavior, or dress.
- Free from showiness or ostentation; unpretentious. See Synonyms at plain.
- Moderate or limited in size, quantity, or range; not extreme: a modest price; a newspaper with a modest circulation.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അധൃഷ്ഠമായ - Adhrushdamaaya | Adhrushdamaya ;വിനമ്ര - Vinamra ;ലജ്ജാശീലമുള്ള - Lajjaasheelamulla | Lajjasheelamulla ;മര്യാദ - Maryaadha | Maryadha ;അനുദ്ധതമായ - Anuddhathamaaya | Anudhathamaya ;ഒതുക്കമുള്ള - Othukkamulla ;