The act of modulating, or the state of being modulated; as, the modulation of the voice.
- The act or process of modulating.
- The state of being modulated.
- Music A passing or transition from one key or tonality to another.
- Music The result of such a transition.
- A change in stress, pitch, loudness, or tone of the voice; an inflection of the voice.
- An instance of such a change or an inflection.
- The harmonious use of language, as in poetry or prose.
- Electronics The variation of a property of an electromagnetic wave or signal, such as its amplitude, frequency, or phase.