A model or measure.
- A standard or unit of measurement.
- Architecture The dimensions of a structural component, such as the base of a column, used as a unit of measurement or standard for determining the proportions of the rest of the construction.
- A standardized, often interchangeable component of a system or construction that is designed for easy assembly or flexible use: a sofa consisting of two end modules.
- Electronics A self-contained assembly of electronic components and circuitry, such as a stage in a computer, that is installed as a unit.
- Computer Science A portion of a program that carries out a specific function and may be used alone or combined with other modules of the same program.
- A self-contained unit of a spacecraft that performs a specific task or class of tasks in support of the major function of the craft.
- A unit of education or instruction with a relatively low student-to-teacher ratio, in which a single topic or a small section of a broad topic is studied for a given period of time.
- Mathematics A system with scalars coming from a ring.