The celestial orb which revolves round the earth; the satellite of the earth; a secondary planet, whose light, borrowed from the sun, is reflected to the earth, and serves to dispel the darkness of night. The diameter of the moon is 2,160 miles, its mean distance from the earth is 240,000 miles, and its mass is one eightieth that of the earth. See Lunar month, under Month.
- The natural satellite of Earth, visible by reflection of sunlight and having a slightly elliptical orbit, approximately 356,000 kilometers (221,600 miles) distant at perigee and 406,997 kilometers (252,950 miles) at apogee. Its mean diameter is 3,475 kilometers (2,160 miles), its mass approximately one eightieth that of Earth, and its average period of revolution around Earth 29 days 12 hours 44 minutes calculated with respect to the sun.
- A natural satellite revolving around a planet.
- The moon as it appears at a particular time in its cycle of phases: a gibbous moon.
- A month, especially a lunar month.
- A disk, globe, or crescent resembling the natural satellite of Earth.
- Something unreasonable or unattainable: They acted as if we were asking for the moon.
- Slang The bared buttocks.
- To wander about or pass time languidly and aimlessly.
- To yearn or pine as if infatuated.
- Slang To expose one's buttocks in public as a prank or disrespectful gesture.
- Slang To expose one's buttocks to (others) as a prank or disrespectful gesture: "threatened to moon a passing . . . camera crew” ( Vanity Fair).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉഡുപതി - Udupathi ;സുധാസൂതി - Sudhaasoothi | Sudhasoothi ;പ്രാലേയകരന് - Praaleyakaran | Praleyakaran ;ഊ - Oo ;നിലാവ് - Nilaavu | Nilavu ;സിന്ധുജന് - Sindhujan ;