An organ which, by its contraction, produces motion.
- A tissue composed of fibers capable of contracting to effect bodily movement.
- A contractile organ consisting of a special bundle of muscle tissue, which moves a particular bone, part, or substance of the body: the heart muscle; the muscles of the arm.
- Muscular strength: enough muscle to be a high jumper.
- Informal Power or authority: put some muscle into law enforcement.
- To make one's way by or as if by force: muscled into the conversation.
- To move or force with strength: muscled legislation through Congress.