The projecting mouth and nose of a quadruped, as of a horse; a snout.
- The forward, projecting part of the head of certain animals, such as dogs, including the mouth, nose, and jaws; the snout.
- A leather or wire restraining appliance that, when fitted over an animal's snout, prevents biting and eating.
- The forward, discharging end of the barrel of a firearm.
- A restraint on free movement or expression: had a muzzle put on their high spirits.
- To put a muzzle on (an animal).
- To restrain from expression: tried to muzzle the opposition.