A story of great but unknown age which originally embodied a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; an ancient legend of a god, a hero, the origin of a race, etc.; a wonder story of prehistoric origin; a popular fable which is, or has been, received as historical.
- A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the worldview of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society: the myth of Eros and Psyche; a creation myth.
- Such stories considered as a group: the realm of myth.
- A popular belief or story that has become associated with a person, institution, or occurrence, especially one considered to illustrate a cultural ideal: a star whose fame turned her into a myth; the pioneer myth of suburbia.
- A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology.
- A fictitious story, person, or thing: "German artillery superiority on the Western Front was a myth” ( Leon Wolff).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഗൂഢാര്ത്ഥകഥ - Gooddaarththakatha | Gooddarthakatha ;കെട്ടുകഥ - Kettukatha ;ഇതിഹാസം - Ithihaasam | Ithihasam ;ഐതിഹ്യം - Aithihyam ;പുരാണകഥ - Puraanakatha | Puranakatha ;കാല്പനികകഥ - Kaalpanikakatha | Kalpanikakatha ;