- Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially:
- Simple and guileless; artless: a child with a naive charm.
- Unsuspecting or credulous: "Students, often bright but naive, bet—and lose—substantial sums of money on sporting events” ( Tim Layden).
- Showing or characterized by a lack of sophistication and critical judgment: "this extravagance of metaphors, with its naive bombast” ( H.L. Mencken).
- Not previously subjected to experiments: testing naive mice.
- Not having previously taken or received a particular drug: persons naive to marijuana.
- One who is artless, credulous, or uncritical.