Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
- Having no clothing on the body; nude.
- Having no covering, especially the usual one: a naked sword.
- Devoid of vegetation, trees, or foliage: the naked ground; naked tree limbs.
- Being without addition, concealment, disguise, or embellishment: the naked facts; naked ambition.
- Devoid of a specified quality, characteristic, or element: a look that was naked of all pretense.
- Exposed to harm; vulnerable: "naked to mine enemies” ( Shakespeare).
- Botany Not encased in ovaries: naked seeds.
- Botany Unprotected by scales: naked buds.
- Botany Lacking a perianth: naked flowers.
- Botany Without leaves or pubescence: naked stalks.
- Zoology Lacking outer covering such as scales, fur, feathers, or a shell.