Of little breadth; not wide or broad; having little distance from side to side; as, a narrow board; a narrow street; a narrow hem.
- Of small or limited width, especially in comparison with length.
- Limited in area or scope; cramped.
- Lacking flexibility; rigid: narrow opinions.
- Barely sufficient; close: a narrow margin of victory.
- Painstakingly thorough or attentive; meticulous: narrow scrutiny.
- Linguistics Tense.
- To reduce in width or extent; make narrower.
- To limit or restrict: narrowed the possibilities down to three.
- To become narrower; contract.
- A part of little width, as a pass through mountains.
- A body of water with little width that connects two larger bodies of water.
- A part of a river or an ocean current that is not wide.