To journey by water; to go in a vessel or ship; to perform the duties of a navigator; to use the waters as a highway or channel for commerce or communication; to sail.
- To plan, record, and control the course and position of (a ship or aircraft).
- To follow a planned course on, across, or through: navigate a stream.
- To control the course of a ship or aircraft.
- To voyage over water in a boat or ship; sail.
- To make one's way: navigated with difficulty through the crowd.
- Informal To walk: He was too unsteady on his legs to navigate.