That part of the natural day when the sun is beneath the horizon, or the time from sunset to sunrise; esp., the time between dusk and dawn, when there is no light of the sun, but only moonlight, starlight, or artificial light.
- The period between sunset and sunrise, especially the hours of darkness.
- This period considered as a unit of time: for two nights running.
- This period considered from its conditions: a rainy night.
- The period between dusk and midnight of a given day: either late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
- The period between evening and bedtime.
- This period considered from its activities: a night at the opera.
- This period set aside for a specific purpose: Parents' Night at school.
- The period between bedtime and morning: spent the night at a motel.
- One's sleep during this period: had a restless night.
- Nightfall: worked from morning to night.
- Darkness: vanished into the night.
- A time or condition of gloom, obscurity, ignorance, or despair: "In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning” ( F. Scott Fitzgerald).
- A time or condition marked by absence of moral or ethical values: "He never would have let us go untroubled into the night of private greed” ( Anthony Lewis).
- Of or relating to the night: the night air.
- Intended for use at night: a night light.
- Working during the night: the night nurse.
- Active chiefly at night: night prowlers.
- Occurring after dark: night baseball.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൈശാചി - Paishaachi | Paishachi ;ശമനി - Shamani ;തമ - Thama ;ഒരു രാത്രിയിലെ അനുഭവങ്ങള് - Oru Raathriyile Anubhavangal | Oru Rathriyile Anubhavangal ;തമസ്വിനി - Thamasvini | Thamaswini ;ഇരുട്ട് - Iruttu ;