Eight and one more; one less than ten; as, nine miles.
- The cardinal number equal to 8 + 1.
- The ninth in a set or sequence.
- Something having nine parts, units, or members.
- Games A playing card marked with nine pips.
- A set of nine persons or things, especially:
- Baseball The nine players on a side, or the whole team.
- Greek Mythology The nine Muses.
- A size, as in clothing or shoes, designated as nine.
- Sports The first or second 9 holes of an 18-hole golf course.
- to the nines Informal To the highest degree: dressed to the nines.