A knot, a knob; a protuberance; a swelling.
- A knob, knot, protuberance, or swelling.
- Botany The point on a stem where a leaf is attached or has been attached; a joint.
- See knot1.
- Physics A point or region of virtually zero amplitude in a periodic system.
- Mathematics The point at which a continuous curve crosses itself.
- Computer Science A terminal in a computer network.
- Astronomy Either of two diametrically opposite points at which the orbit of a planet intersects the ecliptic.
- Astronomy Either of two points at which the orbit of a satellite intersects the orbital plane of a planet.