Sound of any kind.
- Sound or a sound that is loud, unpleasant, unexpected, or undesired.
- Sound or a sound of any kind: The only noise was the wind in the pines.
- A loud outcry or commotion: the noise of the mob; a lot of noise over the new law.
- Physics A disturbance, especially a random and persistent disturbance, that obscures or reduces the clarity of a signal.
- Computer Science Irrelevant or meaningless data.
- Informal A complaint or protest.
- Informal Rumor; talk.
- Informal Remarks or actions intended to convey a specific impression or to attract attention: "The U.S. is making appropriately friendly noises to the new Socialist Government” ( Flora Lewis).
- To spread the rumor or report of.
- To talk much or volubly.
- To be noisy; make noise.