Of or pertaining to a name or names; having to do with the literal meaning of a word; verbal; as, a nominal definition.
- Of, resembling, relating to, or consisting of a name or names.
- Assigned to or bearing a person's name: nominal shares.
- Existing in name only.
- Philosophy Of or relating to nominalism.
- Insignificantly small; trifling: a nominal sum.
- Business Of, relating to, or being the amount or face value of a sum of money or a stock certificate, for example, and not the purchasing power or market value.
- Business Of, relating to, or being the rate of interest or return without adjustment for compounding or inflation.
- Grammar Of or relating to a noun or word group that functions as a noun.
- Aerospace & Engineering According to plan or design: a nominal flight check.
- Grammar A word or group of words functioning as a noun.