At the present time; at this moment; at the time of speaking; instantly; as, I will write now.
- At the present time: goods now on sale; the now aging dictator.
- At once; immediately: Stop now.
- In the immediate past; very recently: left the room just now.
- At this point in the series of events; then: The ship was now listing to port.
- At times; sometimes: now hot, now cold.
- In these circumstances; as things are: Now we won't be able to stay.
- Used to introduce a command, reproof, or request: Now pay attention.
- Used to indicate a change of subject or to preface a remark: Now, let's get down to work.
- Seeing that; since. Often used with that: Now that spring is here, we can expect milder weather.
- The present time or moment: wouldn't work up to now.
- Of the present time; current: our now governor.
- Slang Currently fashionable; trendy: the now sound of this new rock band.
- again Occasionally.