Having the base, or end next the attachment, narrower than the top, as a leaf.
- Facing or turned toward the observer: the obverse side of a statue.
- Serving as a counterpart or complement.
- The side of a coin, medal, or badge that bears the principal stamp or design.
- The more conspicuous of two possible alternatives, cases, or sides: the obverse of this issue.
- Logic The counterpart of a proposition obtained by exchanging the affirmative for the negative quality of the whole proposition and then negating the predicate: The obverse of "Every act is predictable” is "No act is unpredictable.”