Hidden from the eye or the understanding; inviable; secret; concealed; unknown.
- Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
- Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
- Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
- Hidden from view; concealed.
- Medicine Detectable only by microscopic examination or chemical analysis, as a minute blood sample.
- Not accompanied by readily detectable signs or symptoms: occult carcinoma.
- Occult practices or techniques: a student of the occult.
- To conceal or cause to disappear from view.
- Astronomy To conceal by occultation: The moon occulted Mars.
- To become concealed or extinguished at regular intervals: a lighthouse beacon that occults every 45 seconds.