The eighth day after a church festival, the festival day being included; also, the week following a church festival.
- Music The interval of eight diatonic degrees between two tones of the same name, the higher of which has twice as many vibrations per second as the lower.
- Music A tone that is eight diatonic degrees above or below another given tone.
- Music Two tones eight diatonic degrees apart that are sounded together.
- Music The consonance that results when two tones eight diatonic degrees apart are sounded.
- Music A series of tones included within this interval or the keys of an instrument that produce such a series.
- Music An organ stop that produces tones an octave above those usually produced by the keys played.
- Music The interval between any two frequencies having a ratio of 2 to 1.
- Ecclesiastical The eighth day after a feast day, counting the feast day as one.
- Ecclesiastical The entire period between a feast day and the eighth day following it.
- A group or series of eight.
- A group of eight lines of poetry, especially the first eight lines of a Petrarchan sonnet. Also called octet.
- A poem or stanza containing eight lines.
- Sports A rotating parry in fencing.