The act of offending in any sense; esp., a crime or a sin, an affront or an injury.
- The act of causing anger, resentment, displeasure, or affront.
- The state of being offended.
- A violation or infraction of a moral or social code; a transgression or sin.
- A transgression of law; a crime.
- Something that outrages moral sensibilities: Genocide is an offense to all civilized humans.
- The act of attacking or assaulting.
- Sports The means or tactics used in attempting to score.
- Sports A team in possession of the ball or puck, or those players whose primary duty is to attempt to score.
- Sports Scoring ability or potential.