Giving offense; causing displeasure or resentment; displeasing; annoying; as, offensive words.
- Disagreeable to the senses: an offensive odor.
- Causing anger, displeasure, resentment, or affront: an offensive gesture.
- Making an attack: The offensive troops gained ground quickly.
- Of, relating to, or designed for attack: offensive weapons.
- Sports Of or relating to a team having possession of a ball or puck: the offensive line.
- An attitude or position of attack: go on the offensive in chess.
- An attack or assault: led a massive military offensive.