From the shore; as, an offshore wind; an offshore signal.
- Moving or directed away from the shore: an offshore wind.
- Located at a distance from the shore: an offshore mooring; offshore oil-drilling platforms.
- Located or based in a foreign country and not subject to tax laws: offshore bank accounts; offshore investments.
- Away from the shore: The storm moved offshore.
- At a distance from the shore: a boat moored offshore.
- The comparatively flat region of submerged land extending seaward from beyond the region where breakers form to the edge of the continental shelf.