The path described by a heavenly body in its periodical revolution around another body; as, the orbit of Jupiter, of the earth, of the moon.
- The path of a celestial body or an artificial satellite as it revolves around another body.
- One complete revolution of such a body.
- The path of a body in a field of force surrounding another body; for example, the movement of an atomic electron in relation to a nucleus.
- A range of activity, experience, or knowledge.
- A range of control or influence: "What magnetism drew these quaking ruined creatures into his orbit?” ( Malcolm Lowry). See Synonyms at range.
- Either of two bony cavities in the skull containing an eye and its external structures; an eye socket.
- To put into an orbit: orbit a satellite.
- To revolve around (a center of attraction): The moon orbits Earth.
- To move in an orbit.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വ്യാപ്തി - Vyaapthi | Vyapthi ;the orbit of the sun ക്രാന്തിമണ്ഡലം - the Orbit Of The Sun Kraanthimandalam | the Orbit Of The Sun Kranthimandalam ;ഗ്രഹപഥം - Grahapatham ;ക്രാന്തിവൃത്തം - Kraanthivruththam | Kranthivrutham ;ഭ്രമണപഥം - Bhramanapatham ;ഗ്രഹണപഥം - Grahanapatham ;