Of or pertaining to the orient or east; eastern; concerned with the East or Orientalism; -- opposed to occidental; as, Oriental countries.
- Of or relating to the countries of the Orient or their peoples or cultures; eastern.
- Of or designating the biogeographic region that includes Asia south of the Himalaya Mountains and the islands of the Malay Archipelago.
- Lustrous and valuable: oriental pearls.
- Of or relating to a genuine or superior gem: an oriental ruby.
- Relating to or designating corundum that resembles another stone in color.
- Often Offensive An Asian.