The act or process of orientating; determination of the points of the compass, or the east point, in taking bearings.
- The act of orienting or the state of being oriented.
- Location or position relative to the points of the compass.
- The construction of a church so that its longitudinal axis has an east-west direction with the main altar usually at the eastern end.
- The direction followed in the course of a trend, movement, or development.
- A tendency of thought; a general inclination: a Marxist orientation.
- Sexual orientation.
- An adjustment or adaptation to a new environment, situation, custom, or set of ideas.
- Introductory instruction concerning a new situation: orientation for incoming students.
- Psychology Awareness of the objective world in relation to one's self.