; sing. Ourself (&?;). An emphasized form of the pronoun of the first person plural; -- used as a subject, usually with we; also, alone in the predicate, in the nominative or the objective case.
- Those ones identical with us.
- Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the object of a preposition: We bought ourselves an espresso machine.
- Used for emphasis: We ourselves were certain of the facts.
- Used in an absolute construction: Feeling chilly ourselves, we moved the party indoors.
- Our normal or healthy condition or state: We're feeling ourselves again after our bout with the flu. See Usage Note at myself.