The line which marks the outer limits of an object or figure; the exterior line or edge; contour.
- A line marking the outer contours or boundaries of an object or figure.
- The shape of an object or figure.
- A style of drawing in which objects are delineated in contours without shading.
- A sketch done in this style.
- A general description covering the main points of a subject: an outline of American literature.
- A statement summarizing the important points of a text.
- A summary of a written work or speech, usually analyzed in headings and subheadings.
- A preliminary draft or plan, as of a project or proposal.
- To draw an outline of.
- To display or accentuate the outline of.
- To give the main features or various aspects of; summarize: outlined the major provisions of the tax bill.