To use the hands or fingers in toying; to make caressing strokes.
- A usually wooden implement having a blade at one end or sometimes at both ends, used without an oarlock to propel a canoe or small boat.
- Any of various implements resembling the paddle of a boat or canoe, as:
- An iron tool for stirring molten ore in a furnace.
- A tool with a shovellike blade used to mix materials in glassmaking.
- A potter's pallet.
- A narrow board used to beat clothes when laundering by hand.
- A flattened board used to administer physical punishment.
- Sports A light wooden or plastic racket used in playing table tennis, platform tennis, and similar games.
- A board on a paddle wheel.
- A flipper or flattened appendage of certain animals.
- Botany See pad1.
- The act of paddling.
- Nautical To propel a watercraft with paddles or a paddle.
- Nautical To row slowly and gently.
- To move through water by means of repeated short strokes of the limbs.
- Nautical To propel (a watercraft) with paddles or a paddle.
- Nautical To convey in a watercraft propelled by paddles.
- To spank or beat with a paddle, especially as a punishment.
- To stir or shape (material) with a paddle.
- To dabble about in shallow water; splash gently with the hands or feet.
- To move with a waddling motion; toddle.