A sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
- A flat, usually rectangular piece forming a raised, recessed, or framed part of the surface in which it is set.
- The space or section in a fence or railing between two posts.
- A vertical section of fabric; a gore.
- A thin wooden board, used as a surface for an oil painting.
- A painting on such a board.
- A board having switches or buttons to control an electric device.
- An instrument panel.
- A section of a telephone switchboard.
- A cartoon drawing in a sequence of cartoons that form a narrative.
- Law The complete list of persons summoned for jury duty.
- Law Those persons selected from this list to compose a jury.
- Law A jury.
- A group of people gathered to plan or discuss an issue, judge a contest, or act as a team on a radio or television quiz program.
- A discussion by such a group.
- To cover or furnish with panels.
- To decorate with panels.
- To separate into panels.
- Law To select or impanel (a jury).