A substance in the form of thin sheets or leaves intended to be written or printed on, or to be used in wrapping. It is made of rags, straw, bark, wood, or other fibrous material, which is first reduced to pulp, then molded, pressed, and dried.
- A material made of cellulose pulp, derived mainly from wood, rags, and certain grasses, processed into flexible sheets or rolls by deposit from an aqueous suspension, and used chiefly for writing, printing, drawing, wrapping, and covering walls.
- A single sheet of this material.
- One or more sheets of paper bearing writing or printing, especially:
- A formal written composition intended to be published, presented, or read aloud; a scholarly essay or treatise.
- A piece of written work for school; a report or theme.
- An official document, especially one establishing the identity of the bearer. Often used in the plural.
- A collection of letters, diaries, and other writings, especially by one person: the Madison papers.
- Commercial documents that represent value and can be transferred from owner to owner; negotiable instruments considered as a group: "billions more invested in American stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, and other paper” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- A newspaper.
- A wrapper made of paper, often with its contents: a paper of pins.
- Slang A free pass to a theater.
- Slang The audience admitted with free passes.
- To cover, wrap, or line with paper.
- To cover with wallpaper.
- To supply with paper.
- Slang To issue free passes for (a theater, for example).
- To construct (something) in haste and with little forethought: papered together a new coalition of political convenience.
- Made of paper.
- Resembling paper, as in thinness or flimsiness.
- Of or relating to clerical work: paper duties.
- Existing only in printed or written form: paper profits; a paper corporation.
- Planned but not realized; theoretical.
- paper over To put or keep out of sight; conceal: paper over a deficit with accounting gimmicks.
- paper over To downplay or gloss over (differences, for example), especially in order to maintain a nominal, apparent, or temporary unity.
- in paper With a paperback binding; as a paperback.
- on paper In writing or print.
- on paper In theory, as opposed to actual performance or fact: It is a good team on paper, but its members play poorly together.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രബന്ധം - Prabandham ;ഹുണ്ടിക - Hundika ;കടലാസ്സ് - കടലാസ്സ് ;ചിത്രക്കടലാസ് - Chithrakkadalaasu | Chithrakkadalasu ;കായിതം - Kaayitham | Kayitham ;സാഹിത്യരചന - Saahithyarachana | Sahithyarachana ;