- An amount or level considered to be average; a standard: performing up to par; did not yet feel up to par.
- An equality of status, level, or value; equal footing: a local product on a par with the best foreign makes.
- The established value of a monetary unit expressed in terms of a monetary unit of another country using the same metal standard.
- The face value of a stock, bond, or other negotiable instrument: sold the bond at par.
- Sports The number of golf strokes considered necessary to complete a hole or course in expert play.
- Sports To score par on (a hole or course) in golf.
- Equal to the standard; normal: a solid, par performance.
- Of or relating to monetary face value.
- par for the course Usual; typical: Unfortunately, such short-sightedness is par for the course these days.