An adherent to a party or faction; esp., one who is strongly and passionately devoted to a party or an interest.
- A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.
- A member of an organized body of fighters who attack or harass an enemy, especially within occupied territory; a guerrilla.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a partisan or partisans.
- Devoted to or biased in support of a party, group, or cause: partisan politics.
- A weapon having a blade with lateral projections mounted on the end of a long shaft, used chiefly in the 16th and 17th centuries.