The act of passing; transit from one place to another; movement from point to point; a going by, over, across, or through; as, the passage of a man or a carriage; the passage of a ship or a bird; the passage of light; the passage of fluids through the pores or channels of the body.
- The act or process of passing, especially:
- A movement from one place to another, as by going by, through, over, or across; transit or migration.
- The process of elapsing: the passage of time.
- The process of passing from one condition or stage to another; transition: the passage from childhood to adulthood.
- Enactment into law of a legislative measure.
- A journey, especially one by air or water: a rough passage on the stormy sea.
- The right to travel as a passenger, especially on a ship: book passage; pay for one's passage.
- The right, permission, or power to come and go freely: Only medical supply trucks were granted safe passage through enemy territory.
- A path, channel, or duct through, over, or along which something may pass: the nasal passages.
- A corridor. See Synonyms at way.
- An occurrence or event: "Another encouraging passage took place . . . when heads of state . . . took note of the extraneous factors affecting their economies that are beyond their control” ( Helen Kitchen).
- Something, such as an exchange of words or blows, that occurs between two persons: a passage at arms.
- A segment of a written work or speech: a celebrated passage from Shakespeare.
- Music A segment of a composition, especially one that demonstrates the virtuousity of the composer or performer: a passage of exquisite beauty, played to perfection.
- A section of a painting or other piece of artwork; a detail.
- Physiology An act of emptying, as of the bowels.
- Biology The process of passing or maintaining a group of microorganisms or cells through a series of hosts or cultures.
- Obsolete Death.
- A slow cadenced trot in which the horse raises and returns to the ground first one diagonal pair of feet, then the other.
- To execute such a trot in dressage.
- To cause (a horse) to execute such a trot in dressage.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഗമനം - Gamanam ;യാത്ര - Yaathra | Yathra ;narrow passage 1. ഇട്ടില് 2. ഇടുക്ക് - narrow Passage 1. Ittil 2. Idukku ;കടന്നുപോകല് - Kadannupokal ;കൂലി - Kooli ;ഗതി - Gathi ;