Special countenance or support; favor, encouragement, or aid, afforded to a person or a work; as, the patronage of letters; patronage given to an author.
- The support or encouragement of a patron, as for an institution or cause.
- Support or encouragement proffered in a condescending manner: Our little establishment has finally been deemed worthy of the bank's patronage.
- The trade given to a commercial establishment by its customers: Shopkeepers thanked Christmas shoppers for their patronage.
- Customers or patrons considered as a group; clientele: The grand old hotel has a loyal but demanding patronage.
- The power to distribute or appoint people to governmental or political positions.
- The act of distributing or appointing people to such positions.
- The positions so distributed or filled.
- The right to grant an ecclesiastical benefice to a member of the clergy.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉപകാരം - Upakaaram | Upakaram ;രക്ഷാകര്ത്തൃത്വം - Rakshaakarththruthvam | Rakshakarthruthvam ;അനുഗ്രഹം - Anugraham ;പുരസ്കാരം - Puraskaaram | Puraskaram ;രക്ഷാധികാരി നല്കുന്ന സഹായമോ പിന്ബലമോ - Rakshaadhikaari Nalkunna Sahaayamo Pinbalamo | Rakshadhikari Nalkunna Sahayamo Pinbalamo ;പരിലാളനം - Parilaalanam | Parilalanam ;