See Pan, the masticatory.
- Something given as security for a loan; a pledge or guaranty.
- The condition of being held as a pledge against the payment of a loan: jewels in pawn.
- A person serving as security; a hostage.
- The act of pawning.
- To give or deposit (personal property) as security for the payment of money borrowed.
- To risk; hazard: pawn one's honor.
- pawn off To dispose or get rid of deceptively: tried to pawn off the fake gemstone as a diamond.
- Games A chess piece of lowest value that may move forward one square at a time or two squares in the first move, capture other pieces only on a one-space diagonal forward move, and be promoted to any piece other than a king upon reaching the eighth rank.
- A person or an entity used to further the purposes of another: an underdeveloped nation that was a pawn in international politics.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കൈപ്പത്തി - Kaippaththi | Kaippathi ;കൈ - Kai ;ചതുരംഗത്തില് കാലാള് - Chathuramgaththil Kaalaal | Chathuramgathil Kalal ;ഈടായി നല്കുക - Eedaayi Nalkuka | Eedayi Nalkuka ;ചതുരംഗത്തിലെ കാലാള് - Chathuramgaththile Kaalaal | Chathuramgathile Kalal ;പണയം വയ്ക്കുക - Panayam Vaykkuka ;